BEAUTIFUL PLACES ENRICH OUR LIVES. We believe beautiful places tell their own story, a narrative guided by a site, a client preference, and the designer’s talent; all grounded in a spirit of collaboration.
Are you passionate about creating beautiful places that inspire creativity and innovative thinking and infuse people with energy and the spirit of collaboration? We are ambitious, collaborative, creative, and inspired and believe that our employees are our greatest assets. OLSON LEWIS + Architects is looking for individuals to join our architecture and design team.
Located in the centuries-old waterfront village of Manchester-by-the-Sea, OL+ Architects is a small office serving a diverse client base, including Life Science, Hospitality, Residential, and Education. Be part of our family and work with us to make Beautiful Places. The work environment is small and fast-paced, where accountability is essential. Everyone in our office represents the firm, which requires an ability to build relationships and interact with clients, consultants, and staff.
The ideal candidate should be a highly capable, self-directed individual who employs a high level of autonomy in their work. If you are the kind of person who not only thinks critically about problems, but also likes to take the initiative to pursue new ideas, you would enjoy working here.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
• Well-rounded with excellent design and communications skills.
• Organized, detail oriented, with excellent time management skills;
• Thrive in a project and team-oriented environment while also being able to work independently;
• Flexible and understanding of change and the willingness to share information and decisions with the rest of the OL+ team;
• A team player with the capacity to foster and maintain positive working relationships with clients, colleagues, building management, and vendors;
• Imaginative and willing to develop innovative solutions to challenges and participate in ideation at all levels;
• A solid competency in the technical aspects of construction;
• Contribute to a small studio environment;
• Flexibility, problem-solving and good judgment;
• Attention to detail and quality control;
• Capacity to multitask;
• Familiarity with BIM and rendering software;
• Fluency in either Revit or ArchiCAD;
• Strong 3D modeling, graphic design and presentation skills
• Professional Degree in Architecture or Interior Design;
• On a path to professional licensing and LEED Accreditation a plus
• Competitive salaries
• Outstanding benefits, including 100% health insurance coverage
• Optional four-day workweek (10 hours per day)
• Work in a supportive environment
• The opportunity to grow in experience and responsibility commensurate with ability
THE NEXT STEP
If you are interested, please respond via email with
• salary requirements
• cover letter
• examples of your work
• Architect: Full Time with 5+ years of design experience
• Intern Architect needed with 2-5 years of experience in an architectural office
• Interior Architecture: Full-Time Designer needed with 5 years of experience